We know that many are effected by mental health. A child, parents, siblings, communities, spouses and beyond. We also know there are unique topics surrounding mental health disorders which are highly misunderstood.
AJW Foundation was formed as a peer-to-peer mental health nonprofit; who understands the full complicated social, economic, and ethics caring for someone with a mental health disorder can bring to a family. So how do we start supporting families?
AJW Foundation’s Current Goals:
- Provide and assist with resources and educational services for families in need or in crisis.
- Provide grants for basic needs to families, educational needs, travel support for school or work.
- Provide educational outreach for children, teens and young adults in schools and/or social events.
- Social events for families living with mental health issues.
- Peer-to-peer mental health groups.
- Providing art events for kids.
- Outreach on social issues surrounding the bi community.
- Outreach on social issues surrounding the African-American community, mental health and race.
- Partnerships with other mental health organizations with parallel goals.
- Partnerships with organizations and outreach regarding the epidemic of male suicide.
This is just the beginning, but with everyone’s help, we can make a difference with educating families about mental health and keeping our communities strong.