Directory of Mental Health Services and Facilities
We believe in educating the public about mental health services. Below are local and national mental health service providers to help families seek services and support. The websites on this page are not affiliated with AJW Foundation, unless under our partnership page. We believe in showcasing other nonprofits and services that are inline with our missions and goals.
Local Mental Health organizations
- DHS:Community Crisis Providers: Families in crisis can gain assistance for homeless, poverty, job and housing issues. This is a local directory for an office or program near you.
- Mental Health First Aid: If you are a family member who wants to learn more about signs of crises, or a care worker who need to assist a patient or co-worker, this class is needed. Just like first-aid, this is first-aid for the mind.
- Mental Health Clinics of Chicago: A local directory of mental health services in the heart of Chicago.
National Mental Health organizations
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Dial 1-800-273-TALK (8255) – The Lifeline’s national network of local crisis centers provide crisis counseling and mental health referrals day and night.
- Change Direction: The Campaign to Change Direction is a coalition of concerned citizens, nonprofit leaders, and leaders from the private sector who have come together to change the culture in America about mental health, mental illness, and wellness.
- Mental Health.gov provides one-stop access to U.S. government mental health and mental health problems information.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA):
- National Alliance for Caregiver: More than 8.4 million Americans are providing care to an adult with an emotional or mental health issue. Learn how your family can get involved.
- National Alliance for Mental Health (NAMI): The nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- Trevor Lifeline | Chat | Text: A crisis intervention and suicide prevention phone service available 24/7 at 1-866-488-7386. The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to bisexual, lesbian, gay, transgender, and questioning youth.
Mental Health Human Service Organizations
Aunt Berta is a Public Benefit Corporation based in Austin, TX. Their mission is to make human services information accessible to people and programs.
Please check back for additions to this page.